logo

logo

Monday, November 7, 2011

Eau Claire the John Hughes Movie

So I had some beers with Ron Johnson’s Eau Claire Guy the other day.  I’ll admit that is somewhat of a peculiar drinking partner for me, but he had some good points: get professional politicians out of office, a need for a citizen legislature, and get the debt under control.
Eau Claire is something of a John Hughes Movie.  Hippies, Hipsters, Hicks, Bros, Conservatives and Mudducks all call this city home.  Who do you identify with?
I don’t really identify with any of these groups.  Or at least I think I don’t.  Why?  The negative aspects of the culture are used too often.  No one wants to be a stereotype.  Often times the negative aspects of something are all that get talked about. 
This brings me back to my new drinking buddy.  I’m a big fan of Russ Feingold.  He stands up for what I believe in and is willing to work with people to get things done.  I don’t know anything about Ron Johnson.  I will never trust Republicans as a result of W.  Every problem the country has is somewhat the result of W. in my mind.
This type of thinking isn’t going to solve anything.  We have to start working together and stop blaming each other.
I’m sure people have another type of person in Eau Claire: the Beer Geeks/Beer Nazis.  I would be in that group given the fact I basically love beer more than life itself.  I can’t wait until we all eat breakfast together.          

No comments:

Post a Comment