logo

logo

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Overturned Potato Truck


















With my do everything attitude I thought I could go to Dallas Oktoberfest and swing down to the Lucette tour in Menomonie.  I’d be able to churn out two radio shows on one day.  I’m friends with the Lucette guys so it’s kinda wired for me to interview them.  They do tours on Saturdays and tours are full of people asking the types of questions people have about beer that I no longer have.  I not a beer genius, I’ve just been on way too many brewery tours.
Everything was timed out perfect. Then overturned potato truck.  An overturned potato truck was blocking the road.  How often does this happen?  There was no sharp turn, no steep grade, and it was the middle of the day.  There were potatoes all over main street Ridgeland on Saturday, October first twenty eleven.
An overturned potato truck is the perfect metaphor for me interviewing people about beer.  It is obvious you make beer and the only real question is “How did this happen?”
Always having a camera came in handy again.  I took some snaps got back in my car and showed up too late to pull any audio from the Lucette tour….again.  Oh well, Brewers won and I got to hang out with some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment