logo

logo

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Cicione's

I’ve got a soft spot for anything Italian. Or claiming to be Italian. Fast fact: they don’t have breadsticks in Italy. I spent a few months living in a town of 60,000 halfway between Milan and Turin. It was awesome, because no matter how bad things get with the economy over there the people will still find a way to get by. And entertain themselves.
Italy is an entertaining place as it is full with Italians. Therefore there is never a dull moment in life and copious amounts of emotion are exuded in everyday tasks. I’ll not get into exact stereotypes here, but chances are whatever you’ve heard is true.
Italians are also very proud people. It is no surprise that a restaurant in Eau Claire that is run by an Italian would claim to have the best of something. Cicione’s claims to have the best burgers in town.
Now a burger isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when I go to an Italian restaurant. Like I said before there are no rules in the service industry. I might have to revise that. A rule I’ve noticed is: get hot chicks to work at your restaurant. Cicione’s Wait Staff is pretty banging. I got the burger and fries with a Peroni.
Like Australians with Foster, no Italians drink Peroni. After my first sips I remember why: it’s skunky. Then I had some fries and the skunk tasted mellowed out and the Peroni became divine. The combination of Peroni and salty French fries is so good I became pissed I’d never had it before. The burger was worthy of the title best in town.
The décor of Cicione’s is made to replicate an Italian café. It is thought out and classy. They got a lot of photographs all the walls from various cities in Italy taken in the 1980s. I almost cried looking at them as I remembered how simple and beautiful life is in Italy.











No comments:

Post a Comment